Harvesting in the Kuban continues. Forecasts vary

Losses of Kuban farmers amounted to 45-55 billion rubles due to difficult weather conditions.

The 2020 season was extremely difficult for farmers: it was both bad weather and the epidemiological situation that overlapped.

And if it was possible to establish everything with quarantine more or less quickly, then it is impossible to agree on the weather.

Agrarian old-timers say that they didn’t remember this: immediately drought, and return frosts. These tests have led to the fact that collecting a record crop does not work.

At the beginning of March, the forecasts of the farmers were optimistic — 11.5 million tons of early grain and leguminous crops.

A month ago, when there was no moisture at all, the approximate losses were estimated at 40-50%.

But the rains and measures taken by farmers, which took into account the recommendations of scientists, adjusted forecasts.

Now, if it is possible to carry out cleaning quickly and efficiently, losses will be reduced to 20-25%.

Accordingly, grain exports will also be reduced by 20-25%, said Deputy Governor of the Kuban Andrey Korobka.

As you know, the region keeps 40% of the total crop volume, and the remaining 60% is sent either to other regions of Russia or abroad.

Exporters agree that the total volume of shipments outside the country will fall, so an attempt will be made to replace the indicators of grain shortages with other products.

It was precisely the increase in sales of not raw materials, but processed products, that the governor of the Kuban, Veniamin Kondratiev, focused on.

Not the easiest task, but doable. In some areas, exports increased almost 2 times. For example, for oil and fat products, where one and a half times growth is noted.


But, as before, the main share of export is grain. Therefore, attention to harvesting results and price fluctuations are not weakening.

The price of wheat is balancing on a fine line in an attempt to maintain a balance that will not only preserve the economic performance of enterprises, but will also have an acceptable cost to the end user, because it is a primary product.

The farmers suffered significant losses, trying to minimize crop losses caused by weather conditions and save the existing one, spending huge amounts of money on it.

According to preliminary estimates, the loss of Kuban agricultural producers amounted to about 40-50 billion rubles. Unforeseen expenses amounted to about 300 million rubles.

And taking into account the expenses that the budget incurred due to the coronavirus pandemic, additional support to farmers will not work.

Meanwhile, the specialists of the Institute for Agricultural Market Studies lowered the forecast of wheat yield by 2 million tons to 78 million tons.

The Krasnodar Territory remains the outsider in terms of productivity, where the average yield is 4.5 tons per hectare compared with 6 tons a year earlier.

Regular tenders at the National Commodity Exchange, conducted as part of commodity interventions, yielded no results: 0 tons of grain were sold for a total amount of 0 million rubles.